-

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, March 25, 2011

Letter to Aliese--Received March 21, 2011

Hi Liesey!

It has been awhile!  It's good to hear from you.  I'm sorry you've been so sick.  :(  That's a long time to feel yucky.  In spite of that though, it sounds like you had lots of fun with the family on Presidents' Day.  Possibly expensive it sounds with all the shopping, but fun.

Pretty cool about your new job; being the Staff Developer sounds like a fun job.  A little bit of added stress maybe, but still sounds cool.  It's also pretty cool that the current one put your name in for the job and that you got it!  That's cool no matter what the job is.  It's also pretty cool you got to "upgrade" your current job along with the developer job.  An Honors' class and they bought your prep class :)?  That could have pros and cons though, I guess.

Your Vegas deal sounds friggin' sweet!  That is a pretty amazing deal, especially since the show tickets alone are like 30% of the cost.  Very cool.  That should be fun, too.  And a good way to kick back a little before your Admin Praxis test.

As for Cali, things are okay.  Our investigators are currently having some trouble which was a bummer to try and deal with while training a new missionary (that's right, I don't remember if I told you, but at my 6-month mark I started training a new missionary).  So that was rather stressful for a time.  The real bummer is now tomorrow, I'm getting transfered.  So, with all these investigators who are having trubs right now, this greenie...is supposed to help them...I hope he gets a REALLY good, new companion.  The fact that I am getting transfered is bittersweet, I love A LOT of the people here, but I'm exhausted trying to revive a dying area...Bottom line, I'll miss this place but I'm ready to move on to something new.

Yeah, time is going by quickly.  I can't believe I'm basically 1/3 of the way [through] with my mission!  But still have a ways to go, so let's not be talking about the coming home-getting married-and having babies yet, okay Monica?  :)  It's weird to think about the time and age factor of it all though; I only get to be a teenager for four months longer...But I'm not allowed to act like a teenager. :( Oh well.  this is a worth trade I'd say.  I guess that's all for now.   I'll let you know how the new area is when I get there.

Here are some fairly recent pics for ya! (They included a baptism, a 6-month tie-burning shot, and then one blowing oil on said burning tie with a rather large inferno).  Hope all is well with you.  Love and miss you lots.

Love,
Elder Jacob S. Chipman

Sorry so sloppy...no time...had to pack! :(

No comments: