-

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Aug. 11, 2010 Letter to Aliese

Liesey :)

First off, if handwriting gets worse than usual, I am sorry. I was playing volleyball and hurt my thumb, so I am writing with a misshapen claw with the tip of the pen between my ring and middle fingers and the end of the pen between my middle and first fingers.

I'm glad Florida was fun. The beach must have been awful though since your burn from California had probably just barely healed, lots of blisters for Liesey. :( The water being as hot as it was kinda sounds gross when mixed with the humidity and heat; it must have been like, "Oh, just got out of the ocean...wait...didn't I?" Must have been fun no less. :)

Universal Studios sounds pretty much amazing. Harry Potter World must have been so cool. That ride you described sounds fantastic...But it's a little, shall we say, unsettling for me to think that Universal Studios has my fingerprint on file just to ride their rides, (sounds like a wonderful way to catch criminals though, 'cause even murderers and thieves like Harry Potter). Someday, I will have to give it a visit.

Well, on the subject of summer, in your letter, I feel bad for you in that the day I write this, you are already teaching young-uns. Oh, which reminds me, Elder Nuckles is in my zone; his room is two doors down from me and he is heading to Santa Rosa, CA. But anyway, I hope that teaching science doesn't go terribly, I also never really enjoyed the class. Of course in all my years taking it, I never had a great teacher. I had a senile, old woman who, as I hear-despite some students' best efforts (sad/scary, I know)-refuses to retire/die. Then a giant Asian man who sat in his Lay-Z-Boy while we did book work all year. Then 9th grade I finally got an interesting teacher who would breathe fire during class and read us children's books, but that is all I retained from that class. My 10th grade Biology teacher rocked though to be honest. That class was loads of fun, but I didn't remember much from that class either though. Then I didn't take science my junior year. Senior year, I had an absolutely crazy midget for a teacher who didn't teach a dang thing all day everyday, just yelled at football players, then punished the whole class for stuff they did.

Hopefully all is well and I hope Darrin gets to go on his trip, which reminds me again, I had a sub. in my class here one day. His name is Bro. Harward. Oh my, I swear Aliese, if Darrin would spike his hair up in front and dye it brown, he WOULD BE this guy! They look very mush alike, his voice sounds just like Darrin's, and they have the same personality traits (especially when excited about something). It's hilarious; I'll have to try and get a picture with him before I leave. Well, that's all for this letter. Hope you are having fun; love you and miss you.

~Elder Jacob S. Chipman

Spiritual Thought: Liken the parable of the good Samaritan to the Atonement where:
High Priest=Any Priesthood holder those days
Levite=Quorum of the Twelve (because at their time, those two groups were the only ones allowed the Priesthood and had "religious power")
The "Fallen Man" (think of Adam and Eve when you read it)=All of us here today
Good Samaritan=Christ

Since that one is easy, riddle me this: consider the man Christ taught this to. Why, in this story, would Christ relate himself to the people who hated him? And consider what was the man Christ taught supposed to get out of this lesson?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! OK this is the part where I start to get jealous about missionary work! Is how much more they get out of the scriptures! Ugh that is sooo cool that he just picked that up. :D